Back to top

Blog Archive

Click here to go back

Tax Glossary: Conservation Easement

Posted by McDonald & Osborne Posted on Oct 12 2015

Conservation Easement : If you donate to a conservation group or a state or local government an easement to restrict development of your property, you can deduct the resulting decline in value of your property. Your deduction can offset up to 50% of your adjusted gross income. You can carry forward any excess for 15 years.